Causes of failure of antirust grease
1. Varieties of antirust grease
There are many kinds of antirust fats and oils with different characteristics. Some have better displacement, some have better resistance to heat and humidity, some have better resistance to salt spray, and some have better resistance to high temperature and high gas, etc., each has its own advantages. Different types of oil, the use is different, there are short-term rust prevention, lubrication and long-term storage and rust prevention between processes. The additives used in oil products are different to adapt to different metals, some have significant effects on ferrous metals, and some have adaptability to non-ferrous metals and a variety of metals. Therefore, not any kind of antirust oil can adapt to a variety of different conditions, must be based on the specific situation, through the test of practice, choose the appropriate antirust oil.
The anti-rust effect is also related to the quality of anti-rust grease, so an acceptance system should be established to check and accept anti-rust grease to prevent unqualified products from entering the factory. In the process of use, it can prevent the oil film of antirust grease from breaking or losing and affect its antirust performance.
2, the implementation of rust prevention process
Anti-rust materials in production and use of the effect and the use of technology and packaging materials and other factors, and anti-rust process in the anti-rust quality of a very important position, should be combined with the actual situation of the unit, develop anti-rust process, there is a person responsible for, so that can avoid the process problems caused by rust. In the process of use, it is often found that the same batch of qualified anti-rust grease will get different anti-rust effects. This situation should be checked from the rust prevention process, if a little negligence, will cause an accident. Rust prevention process can be checked from the following points:
● Cleaning: because the cleaning is not clean, there is water, sweat or salt on the metal surface, and the anti-rust oil is lack of enough displacement, there is a hidden danger of rust. Some use solvent gasoline for cleaning materials, in the solvent gasoline without replacement of anti-rust oil, cleaning and high humidity climate, on the metal surface will produce condensation phenomenon, even in the non-coating anti-rust oil before rust corrosion, if not directly coated with oil, will lead to product rust. There is also no timely rust prevention after cleaning, will also make the product has rust before not coated with oil.
● Check before oil seal: metal parts should be checked before oil seal, must be clean and dry, no rust. Rust must be removed if it has corroded, otherwise it will persist and even develop. After rust removal, oil seal is carried out according to rust prevention process to ensure the quality of oil seal.
● Heating: some antirust grease is thicker, can not dip or brush at room temperature, need to be heated after melting can be used. If not according to the specified temperature heating or long-term operation at high temperature, so that some additives decomposition into harmful corrosive agent, this anti-rust oil not only lose rust, on the contrary become corrosion promoter. Therefore, when heating, it is necessary to control the temperature according to the provisions, not long-term high temperature or overtemperature, stop heating when not in use, so as to avoid the deterioration of anti-rust grease, so as to ensure the anti-rust effect.
● Coating method: When coating antirust grease, the grease must be thin and even. If the oil film is too thick or the coating is not uniform, it will cause corrosion caused by uneven oxygen concentration cells in the thick oil layer and the rust resistance of the thin oil film on the metal surface is very good. In the immersion coating of antirust grease, because the oil is not drained and there is a lot of oil that is packaged, so that the oil is much corrosion; If a trace of rust is found, it is mainly caused by uneven or missing brush when brushing; It can also cause uneven oil film or leakage when spraying. Therefore, when coating antirust grease, it is necessary to make the oil film thin and uniform, not to leak coating, to prevent corrosion. Heated oil seal metal parts, must be cold to room temperature before packaging, otherwise it is easy to produce corrosion.
3, rust proof packaging materials
If the packaging material quality is not good, the wrong choice or improper use, will also make the rust failure. Packaging materials do not meet the quality requirements, poor sealing, sealing and sealing purposes. For example, gas phase corrosion inhibitor is very selective of metal. When using gas paper, it must be selected according to the metal, otherwise it will promote metal corrosion. In addition, when using antirust paper, there is no contact between the rough surface and the metal surface, so it cannot play the expected effect; Some plastic containers can also volatilize corrosive gases, must be used with caution; The variety of wood used in packing wooden cases, the degree of dry and wet as well as the paint used, have a certain impact on metal parts, and even have a very serious impact. Therefore, in the use of packaging materials, must be combined with the specific situation, choose the appropriate packaging materials, to prevent the selection of packaging materials or improper use of products caused by corrosion.
4. Storage environment
The condition of storage is closely related to the corrosion rate of metal. Using the same antirust grease, the same oil seal antirust process, because of the different storage conditions, the obtained antirust effect is very different. Good storage conditions, rust prevention period is long, rust prevention effect is good. On the contrary, the rust prevention period is short, and the rust prevention effect is poor.